Thursday, June 4, 2009

Silly kids

I remind myself constantly that I love my children. LOL They do the darnest things. I'm surprised they haven't been seriously injured. My darling little Megan is going through the "climbing" stage. She has to climb on everything. Of course Shane is going through the "Monkey See Monkey Do" stage. LOL So he sees her doing and has to copy her (just to get the same attention). Trust me he knows better, but I let it slide when I'm snapping pictures of her being "bad". LOL This morning they are sitting at the table eating breakfast and I was posting my early post (2 in one day not bad) when I looked up and saw Megan literally sitting on the table eating her cereal. Why you ask? I have no clue. She's just like that. She's a daredevil like her brother. He was never afraid of anything, except the swimming pool, go figure. So I snapped a couple of photos of them and decided I would share with you. Don't mind Shane sporting his Thomas the Train undies. We are potty training after all. LOL So without furthing ado, photos of my munchkins.







































In response to a comment I got early to Baby Jayden, we started working with Shane about 6 months ago, when he was 3. I'm a big believer in they will do it when they are ready. He was doing so good and then all of a sudden one day he just stopped. He wouldn't do anything but throw himself on the floor if we tried taking him. So we stopped working with him for a while and then we tried slowly getting him to try. That failed. Well 3 days ago it dawned on me that he was just flat out refusing to go because Megan is still wearing diapers and his mind set was "Well she's wearing diapers why can't I?". That just wasn't going to fly with me. He's almost 4 now and it is time for him to be in big boy undies. So 3 days ago when we got up, I refused to put him back in diapers. We took of the one he slept in the night before and he had a meltdown when I wouldn't put another one on him. He got over that and put on big boy undies. 3 days later he's gone pee 3 x's today with no accidents. *knock on wood* I still expect he will have accidents because it's only been a few days. He still hasn't gone poo yet and I know that will probably take longer than pee but we are working on it. I don't punish him if he has an accident and I don't bribe him to go. When he goes pee, he proudly brings me the bucket to show me, we high 5 and I tell him how proud I am of him. Then we go to the bathroom, he dumps the bucket in the toilet, flushes, and rinses the bucket all himself. I'm just there to show him how proud I am of him.

Why isn't he going in the bathroom? Because it's just easier at this point for him to go in the potty chair in the living room. When he gets more comfortable with knowing his urges he'll go to the bathroom.

I know this is a little longer than 90% of my posts but I felt in order to answer appropriately I needed to make it longer.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment