Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What a Nightmare

Have you ever gotten to the point in a relationship/marriage to where you cannot sleep without your partner? Yep. I'm at that point. After 15 years of me and my husband being together I am unable to sleep without him beside me. The type of job he does requires him to be on call one week out of every month. He's on call this week. He was called out last night. He did not come home until 3:30 this afternoon. What time did I give up and attempt to go to sleep? 1:30 this morning. Was I successful? No, not until my sweet little boy woke up in the middle of the night and climbed into bed with me. That was at 2:30 this morning. Then the baby woke up at 7:30 this morning to eat. It was awful. I'm exhausted. I just want to curl up in his arms and sleep. . . and sleep. . . and sleep. While I know the hours are going to be good for our finances. . . I hate when he is called out and doesn't get to come home until the next day. At 8 this morning he had been up for officially 24 hours. At 10 last night he was called out. He got back to the yard at 6:30 this morning, but with him having to be at work at 7 there was no point in him coming home. It sucks. I'm venting. What I have to deal with occasionally is nothing compared to those men and women who are separated from their loved ones months or years on end because they are serving our country. It sucks to be away from the one you love. . . even if it's only for a night. I'll stop whining now.

And I just noticed that everything that happened was half-past-the-hour. :/ Probably just a coincidence.

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment