Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Today is officially the first day of a brand new year. I am so excited about the fresh start, new firsts, new beginnings. I decided last year I was no longer going to make resolutions. Instead I opt to use one word in which I will strive towards for the year. This year my word is forgiveness. Forgiveness to the people who have done wrong towards me. Forgiveness for the grudges I cannot seem to let go of. Forgiveness towards me because I hold myself to such high standards and I fail myself repeatedly. I am not perfect. I cannot do everything. I need to accept and forgive my failures and weaknesses. Forgiveness. It is such a powerful word. A simple word. A word that can fix many things. Forgiveness. What are striving to be better at this year?

Today I also started a new project. Project 365. I will strive to take a picture every day to document our lives. Once a week I will scrap a page and by the end of the year I will have my very first scrapbook to print. A book that me and my family will cherish forever. I am so excited about this project. I just hope I do not overwhelm myself and give up. I am sure I will become frustrated, but when I do I will walk away, breathe, and come back to it. Most of all I will forgive myself for becoming frustrated. :)

Happy New Year!

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment